vineri, 21 martie 2014

Short Break in Oslo

It was a very busy time of the year for me, the end of February and the beginning of March. I finnished it around a week ago, and I was day dreaming about the northern lights since. But, Saturday evening, Runa had an accident while she played with her brother, so we spent the evening in the hospital, and also last Monday and Tuesday, with a little surgery on her knee.

I missed the departure on Tuesday, but she was doing fine, so I decided to follow my husband the next day. Three planes, a ferry and 22 hours later I arrived in Lofoten Islands, Norway.

In Oslo I spent around 10 hours, so I went downtown to visit the city. There is a train a little bit expensive (170 Nok = 21 Euro for one way), but it takes only 20 minutes to arrive.

The light was dull and it was very cold, so please excuse the quality of my pictures. 


The view from the train was really interesting, pretty red houses in the snowy fields...


In the Central Station, the first shop I saw it was this gorgeous flower shop. I spent minutes staring at it, counting the well-assorted flowers.


The University of Oslo is quite impressive, isn't it?


Also the Royal Palace...






Niciun comentariu: