marți, 7 decembrie 2010

Catalunya - Spain

Funny how life is... On my wish list, 10 years ago, was to travel anytime I want, anywhere I want. Maybe is not anywhere, but is almost anytime now. Is still on my wish list, and is gonna be forever, I think. I wrote it when I was seventeen, I write it now. My soul is restless, my eyes want to see. More. And more. And this is how I went again in Spain.
We landed in February 2008 in Barcelona, but we rented a car and visited Costa Brava, starting with the sea villages. Above is the fortress in Tossa del Mar.

Geometry in Girona.

In a lighthouse garden we snuck in and we found this beautiful place on the shore, very beautiful and well cared.

Girona has most beautiful views by the river.

I went to the museum and in the (very old) citycenter, but what I enjoyed most was taking lunch on the quay.

We just sat and enjoyed the tapas with a glass of red wine aside, chilling down a little bit, taking our time and admiring the views.

Well, we didn't have enough of Girona's views, we sat there one whole day relaxing.

The Besalu brigde, a Roman relic, gorgeous and incredibly well kept.

In Tossa del Mar we had the most incredible tapas, it was winter and nobody there, and they cooked mussels and shrimp with garlic, also some Pimientos del Padron (try them if you go in Spain, they are yummy).

Alone on the beach, while Bogdan stayed in the fortress taking pictures.
I will be back with some more Spain pics, we went there 5 times, now I counted. And we will go more, we want to see Madrid and for sure some other places. And Valentina lives in Barcelona and I miss her so much... In fact, all that Catalunya trip was just to see her, because we saw Barcelona one year earlier. How crazy is that...?

2 comentarii:

Zâna de la colț spunea...

"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain" Beautiful pictures as usual!

The Fairy's Apprentice spunea...

Thank you, Zana Buna Rau :)!