miercuri, 17 noiembrie 2010

Laggo Maggiore

Ten years ago I used to read a lot of motivational literature, and one of the thinks I enjoyed a lot at that time was to make lists. Lists of what I wish, what I want and when. I recently found one of my old lists and most of the points were accomplished.

I wrote there, between some other wishes, that I want to travel a lot and to spend the weekends abroad, when I wish so. I can say now that I don't do it anytime, but I do it quite often.

One of those short trips, a little bit longer than a weekend, was last year in Italy, at Laggo Maggiore. We checked in at Strezza and we visited the surroundings, including the three beautiful islands on the lake: Isola Bella, Isola Madre and Isola Pescadori.

And because one of my web friends, Lola, from Portugal, designed some beautiful wooden beads with peacocks, I remembered that beautiful (and short) trip.

The white peacocks were on Isola Bella, with its Italianate Garden and Palazzo Boromeo. Isn't it majestic?


On Isola Pescadori we found more rustic views, flowers, boats and even a bicycle. The street were narrow and covered with stones, I presume the bicycle was useless from the beginning.

Isola Bella


Isolla Bella's rose garden is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

We ate at the red restaurant in the right on Isola Pescadori, fish wonderfully cooked and (of course) italian ice cream.

On an island are boats, isn't it? The views were breathtaking, the mountaintops far away were covered in snow in May.

On Orta Lake (close to Laggo Magiore) San Julio Island has some very picturesque buildings...

Santa Catarina, a monastery built on the stone, you can reach only by boat...

Santa Ana, a very old monastery and an antique Roman bridge...

On my actual list is a stop on Scala di Milano opera show next year. Who's in?

Niciun comentariu: